NovaCity – Waiver and Release Form
All participants (Over 18) and Parents/Carers (for children Under 18) must read and agree to all of the terms of entry prior to and as a condition of acceptance of entry into the NovaCity facilities. The participant/Parent/Carer acknowledges she/he has read and agrees to the terms and conditions set out herein prior to registering as a participant in any NovaCity activity in any location they may run. This Agreement, Waiver and Release extends to and includes all activities conducted or organised by NovaCity. This includes but is not limited to Dance, Parkour, Freerunning, Martial Arts, Cheerleading, performances, travel to and from class and any other organised class/event run by NovaCity.
- Waiver for Participation in NovaCity Activities
- The Participant/Parent/Carer acknowledges and agrees that NovaCity activities are seen as “extreme sport” and as such has inherent dangers and risks, including risk of injury or death to the participant. (Examples of particular risks include slipping, pushing, falling, sprains, broken bones, permanent paralysis etc.)
- The Participant/Parent/Carer further acknowledges and agrees that, due to the nature of the activity, it would be unreasonable for NovaCity to be in any way responsible for injury to or death of the participant. The Participant/Parent/Carer hereby, to the full extent permitted by law, waives all of her/his legal rights of action against NovaCity and fully releases NovaCity for injury or death howsoever arising out of or in relation to the participation by the participant in the activities conducted or organised by NovaCity on the part of the organisation, staff, committee or agents.
- The Participant/Parent/Carer acknowledges they are liable for any damage to NovaCity property and equipment and/or Property within rented premises due to their participation in NovaCity activities.
- The Participant/Parent/Carer further acknowledges and agrees that she or he has undertaken the activity freely, voluntarily and absolutely at her/his own risk and with a full appreciation of the nature and extent of all risks involved in the activity. This waiver shall bind the Participant/Parent/Carer and her/his executors.
- NovaCity will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or death related to the participation/practice of any activity outside NovaCity facilities or events/programmes. NovaCity does not encourage training in unsafe environments without proper equipment and supervision.
- The Participant/Parent/Carer acknowledges:
- She/he must disclose all information requested in any participation agreements namely the Waiver. This MUST include any serious medical conditions, whether a child is in care or under a care plan, has allergies or any other issues they may feel relevant to entry and participation.
- She/he has the responsibility to arrange, and inform the staff of, any specific pick-up/collection duties for any children they are responsible for, including any personnel that the staff need to be made aware of.
- She/he has sole responsibility for the safety and security of the participant’s personal equipment and other personal belongings during any activities. NovaCity will not be held responsible for any property belonging to the Participant/Parent/Carer.
- The importance of instruction regarding activities and events and that she/he must obey these instructions.
- She/he must not participate in any activities under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. If the participant is prescribed medication by a certified medical physician, which may impair judgement or affect her or his ability to participate in strenuous activity, they must seek medical consultation about their ability to participate in NovaCity activities, inform the Instructors/staff and coordinators of NovaCity of the medical condition, and opt not to participate if there are risks to the participant’s health or safety or the safety of other participants.
- She/he must behave in a respectful manner to both persons and property when participating or as a spectator, and that behavior which could potentially lead to intentional or unintentional bodily injury or damage to property will not be tolerated by NovaCity.
- She/he warrants the Participant medically fit (physically and mentally) to participate in strenuous activities, in or out of any NovaCity buildings, and the Participant has not received medical advice to the contrary.
- She/he hereby irrevocably consents to receive medical treatment that may be considered by NovaCity to be advisable or necessary in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during any and all activities. NovaCity agrees to inform Parents, Carers or emergency contacts immediately should any emergency situation arise.
3. Publicity Release
I hereby unconditionally assign to NovaCity all right, title and interest I may have in any and all audio, audio visual and photographic recordings of me/my child/child I am responsible for in any events and grant NovaCity permission to use, display, license, sell and publish or otherwise deal with the audio, audiovisual and photographic recordings, including for the purpose of advertising, promotion or otherwise. I further agree that any such recordings shall remain the property of NovaCity indefinitely (see photography policy online). It is my own responsibility to remove myself/my child/any children I am responsible for from any photographic/filming/recording situation.